2017 is our 50th Anniversary year so look out for events to mark this significant milestone for Worcestershire's oldest model railway club
The Station of Studley and Astwood Bank station was situated 3 miles and 11 chains south from Redditch and was opened on 4th May 1868 to both passenger and goods traffic. The station was provided with a large brick two-storey building accommodating the station master's family and an attached single storey structure within which the passenger services were provided; namely a booking office, booking hall, ladies waiting room and a general waiting room. The goods shed was equipped with a fixed position 30 cwt (one and half ton) hand operated crane which could revolve 360 degrees within the shed. A separate office was built at the Redditch end of the shed. Within the station access road was a weighbridge and office. Beside the weighbridge there was for many year even after closure a grounded coach body. The yard capacity was fifty-five wagons with the entry from the Redditch end controlled by ground frame released by the single line tablet. Three coal merchants were based in the yard including Alcester Cooperative and T&M Dixon (the latter were based in Redditch with their own sidings). T&M Dixon also had coal facilities at Evesham. In latter years both the Redditch and Evesham facilities were given over to the sales of Leyland cars and petrol. The standard Midland Railway signal box controlled the southern access to the yard. The first signal box at the station was opened prior to 1st November 1975 and was replaced by a second signal box on 25th May 1891. In latter years the signal box was only open each day for around eight hours so as to allow the pick up freight trains access to the yard and was for the rest of the time switch out. Passenger services for the station were suspended after operation on the 29th September 1962 with freight facilities losing on 17th June 1963 prior to the closure of the line on 6th July 1964 when freight facilities were withdrawn from Alcester station. After closure the station remained intact for many years. Much of the station site and the track bed between Redditch and Studley had been purchased by the Redditch Development Corporation in the late 1960ís. During 2015 the station house and building were sold and continue to be used as a single dwelling. The good shed was demolished and during 2016 a number of houses have been built on a large part of the former station yard.